Another day, another easy DIY. These are a kid-friendly craft that you don’t mind having on display, and you can make them using materials you likely already have at home. All you need is cardboard, scissors, yarn or string of your choice and tape.
I used a cookie cutter to trace my hearts because I wanted them all to be pretty uniform. Tuck the string into a loop to hang as ornaments or you can do a single string and make a garland.
If you try them out, I’d love to see! Tag me on Instagram @careyushome.
If DIYs aren’t your thing, I rounded up some beautiful, timeless and simple decor for Valentine’s Day:
- XO Bowl Filler ($12) – These natural fiber XO fillers are neutral and so sweet – could also be so fun to use for a life-size tic-tac-toe game!
- Woven Heart Ornaments ($24) – I think these would be so sweet year round, hang them on the kid’s doorknobs or around the house. Love the shape and color of these!
- Grapevine Wreath ($38) – A perfectly neutral wreath that will work well into spring!
- Heart Bowl Filler ($12) – If you love traditional Valentine’s Day colors then these are the perfect match
- Natural Fiber Heart Garland ($12) – Another item that would work well into Spring – love this garland for a fireplace mantel
- XO Pillow ($69) – Boucle is one trend I can get on and I couldn’t pass up this adorable pillow!
- Yarn / String
Trace a heart onto the cardboard and cut out. Create a loop with your string of yarn and tape into place. Begin tightly wrapping your yarn around the cardboard template and wrap continuously until the cardboard is completely covered. Loop the tail end of your yarn underneath a pass of string and knot. You can hang these hearts as ornaments on some bare branches in a vase or put a bunch together as a garland. The options are endless. Hope you enjoy!
Dining Chairs | Vase | Tapestry | Planter | Dining Chair Cushions